Followers

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Purple Crumpet Fairy Spring Challenge Day 21 - Subtle Glitterbomb!

This is my not so subtle 'subtle flakie spring glitterbomb'! 

This is definitely NOT the kind of thing I would usually do - I'm normally a more of a cutsie kind of a girl and these are a bit demure for me. Saying that, I kind of love them! I bought Models Own - Indian Ocean on a whim and used it in this manicure and it's just stunning. I tried it on its own first and it's probably too sheer to wear alone, but I layered it over Urban Decay - Graffiti which is a vintage purple/blue duchrome and just LOVED it! Indian Ocean is a blue/pink glass flecked duochrome from Models Own's beetlejuice collection. It's described as 'Indian Ocean, a calming, iridescent blue with soft pink undertones' but the flakies have a gold shimmer in some lights too. It's lovely. 

On the two accent nails, I sponged Accessorize - Dream and then stamped with my favourite silver polish for stamping - a-england - Excalibur. I added some little rhinestones and sequins to make it look all ethereal and underwater-y and distinctly un-subtle. :)








Phew! That's a lot of photos! I was trying my best to catch the colour shift, but alas photography is not yet my strongest suit! 

Please check out these other wonderful bloggers! 

 
Thanks for looking!
 
Aimee

1 comment:

  1. I loove these so much! I love the depth to the mani yet it's still delicate ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you. If you would like to contact me you can email me at aimeeus_prime@hotmail.co.uk